Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A few forgotten moments

Today I got an email and it reminded me of somethings. Of course my hormones are a little higher than normal but I am always emotional and this didn't help. I read the email and it was about a lady passing judgment on a homeless man and her baby bringing her a realization that everyone is special and deserving. But the description of the man brought me back to a time when I met a homeless guy in Salt Lake outside of Temple Square. His name was Shannon and he reminded me of my Grandpa Miller back in Ohio who was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. So then after thinking about Shannon- I thought of my Grandpa. Unfortunately, he lost his battle with cancer on January 29th 2008. I had stayed with him the night before (awake about 26 hours) knowing that these were our last moments on Earth. He had always been stubborn and sometimes mean but always my Grandpa and I miss him dearly. But I had not thought about that sad time for a while because of how happy I had been about the baby. But for some reason today after reading that email - I realized that this was going to be my Grandma's first Christmas alone without him for the last 52 years. It broke my heart but I realized what I have to do and hope to get my other family members involved. My Gramps loved her soooo much and I know he would want us to take care of her and make her happy!!

I appreciate this time of year because of how softened everyone's hearts can be!! I think that even though he is gone, my Grandpa is still leaving his influence with the love he always showed my Grandma when they were still together. In couples like that and moments around this time of year, the word love has meaning!!

No comments: