Friday, February 13, 2009

A Week Makes a BIG Difference

I was at work talking to my boss yesterday and we were discussing how long I have left until my due date. I said I am 28 weeks and 4 days but she said that didn't sounds right. So I went back to April 27 and counted back. The 27th to the 20th - One weeks and so on until I got to this coming Monday- ONLY 10 WEEKS. I will be 30 weeks on the 16th instead of only 29 weeks. Now, this may seem really trivial but I got SOOOO excited. Also yesterday, I got a copy of a picture that contains the small image of my niece or nephew Decker. I am so excited for Corey to watch her grow and become more excited as the weeks begin to pass by. She does need to start posting belly pictures soon - I wanna see that belly! :)

Also on another note regarding the previous "angry" post, I want to thank everyone who gave me advice. I appreciate the blunt answers and guidance. I know deep down inside how ugly I have become because of my anger towards this situation. And the problems between Mark and I are self created and fueled. I cannot make him hate his mother and I am sure he sees the better side of her. Before I got pregnant, I loved his mom like my own family and now that I am carrying her grandson, I should probably try to get that back. I am going to try to forgive and eventually forget what happened. But it is my hope that she, herself will be a bit better and treat Marcus like a prince, which is of course how I feel about him.

I think the main problem with all this is that I KNOW a thousand times over how unfortunate it is that he was conceived outside of a marriage. I wish that I did not create this situation for him to be born into but I am convinced that I can raise him to be a happy, healthy, and honorable person. I cannot express to anyone how I feel about this little guy already. I dream of the first time I will get to hold him and I am filled with more emotions that I can contain. I want to be the best mom I can be and fill his life with happiness and love. I must first remove bad things from my life to provide this. And I was wrong to think I should remove Mark's mom instead of looking inward and removing my anger and resentment. I am sincerely going to do everything I can in all humility to make this possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Check my blog, these are for you and Megs !LOL