Friday, October 17, 2008

Update....

Today was my doctors appointment with my OB/GYN whom I love. She is wonderful... She helped deliver my niece and spotted Stephanie disease early enough to take care of it...well for the moment anyways.

Everything went okay and so far everything is great. I am either 12 weeks today or 11 weeks and 4 days and so I am almost out of my first trimester. This means a lot of me and my baby!

First - the risk of miscarriage goes down to about 1%. Although that 1% is also how effective my birth control was supposed to have been...

Second - Mark and I can start really thinking of baby names and agree on what I want...Joking...We do know if it is a boy we are probably naming him Marcus Allen after the daddy, kind of. For a girl my FAVORITE name is Olivia but we know a lot of Olivia's.

Third - Soon, within another month or so I will begin to feel the little bugger squirm inside of me...a feeling I am antsy about because It will probably freak me out!!

Lastly, as each day goes by, the idea that I am going to be a mommy is kicking in more. I was holding Makenna this morning before work and looked down at her and realized that my baby will too be a miracle and someone I will treasure and love. I am already starting to fall in love with my little alien. I know Mark is really excited too. He touches my belly a lot and now that it is popping out more, he is growing more exciting..

So my next appointment is November 13 @ 10:00 AM and there will be an update to follow that as well. After that I will be setting up my ultrasound to find out the sex...PRAY FOR A BOY...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy I cannot believe that you are almost out of your first trimester. It is going so fast! 1/3 of the way here almost! I am so excited for you hooray I love olivia Andrew likes that name and samantha... lol he is really fixated on them... he wants a olivia and call her ollie and a smanatha to call sam... Boys are funny! Love ya

Andy and Rachael said...

Oh!! Congrats Rach! I hope you have a boy! They are the best!