Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Our story

Only one or two people who look at my blog know the story of Mark and I. Mark is of course, my boyfriend of 3 years minus a break here and there. So, I want to tell anyone who is interested in hearing the story.

It started out with my Junior year in high school. Mark was a wrestler at Delta and I took stats for wrestling at Liberty Center. The two school are huge rivals in wrestling and some years football too. So back to the story, so my junior year, Liberty's wrestling coach came over to me and said "Nagel" (Mark's last name) is asking about you... In high school I did not date much because I was so annoyed by immaturity and I wanted better things for my self than forever living in Liberty Center.

So there was our junior year, at the end of the wrestling season we were formally introduced and that was it. Nothing happened. Next we met at a Gas station by the Toledo airport in passing. He talked to me for about 1 minute and had to leave. Again, nothing happened.

In 2005 I moved to Utah for about 8 months and decided to come home for a weekend in June for my parents anniversary. I took my little cousin up to the ice cream place and he came walking up as I was getting into my car. Again, nothing happened.

So in late September 05 - I moved back to Ohio because my sister was having her baby, my Grandpa and Nana were sick - It was time to come home. So I did and two weeks after I got home, I went back to work at a place I had worked in the past. Guess who shows up, Mark. Soo random. This time, he gave me his number. We went out and the rest is history...

I know that Mark is a little rough around the edges but for once in my life now, I feel like I have someone who I want to love forever. He is a dork and makes me so mad sometimes but I cannot ignore how I feel. I know I have some work to do because I want to carry this over into eternity. We are starting our own family now and I have asked him to take the discussions so he knows for sure what we believe in. I told him my desire for FOREVER and he told me he has thought about that and about wanting to see his father again.

In the previous weeks, I have started to get excited about this baby because I know that he/she is a blessing no matter how she was created. I do know, it was not the right way but I refuse to regret my own flesh and blood and I know I will have to face my mistake someday. All I can do now is be happy and move forward. I am excited the kinds of change this baby will bring and what it will do for both Mark and I. I am already SO IN LOVE with this baby, I cry everytime I realize that I will get to hold him/her soon.

2 comments:

ekunar said...

I was honestly wondering how this happened?? lol Good luck! You are going to be a great mommy! Be proud of who you are and the decisions you make, they are your life!

Ryan and Tracy said...

Congrats on your pregnancy too! It's hard to be a mom - babies aren't easy, but at the end of the day when they're sleeping, you can't help but want to pinch their cheeks. You won't because you won't want to wake them, but you'll want to. In response to your comment on my blog, there's no need to worry as long as you're doing what you're suppose to. We haven't been asked to be perfect, we've been asked to do our best. Follow the counsel of the prophet and you'll be fine. Try to put a little money aside for a rainy day. Try to get out of debt. Get a small food storage built up. If you need help, ask your Relief Society president. She'll point you in the right direction. If she doesn't, let me know and I will. It's not worth worrying over the things you can't change. It's not worth worrying over the things you can. Just gradually work on changing them and it'll be okay.