Friday, October 3, 2008

Our First Introduction


This is my first Ultra sound for pregnancy #1. I was happy because the Tech told me there is only one... Although Mark was hoping for twins because we could just knock two out of the way. We both have said we want 4 but I reserve the right to recant after #1 is born!! It went fairly well minus the fact I drank WAY TO MUCH water. I was dancing in the office waiting for them to call me back... The receptionist kept lifting her tall cup of coffee in a teasing manner. It was pure torture!!
So I go back and get ready and the fun begins. She started by looking at everything but the baby measuring and pushing (even more torture because I still had not used the restroom) and then finally shifted the picture to the baby!!
I am calling it a "she" because I am sure that is what I am having although my preference is a boy - But She was so tiny and just a little thing hanging out. I am somewhat of a worry wart and so I wanted to 1.) See the baby and 2.) Hear the Heartbeat. To the surprise of all my friends, I made it until the heartbeat and then I started to cry. There is something to be said for the feeling that you get when you realize that there is something you created growing inside of you!! After the heartbeat the magic show came to life, the tech told me to stop shaking and she would show me something. So I tried and then I got to see my baby moving inside of me. It did a little swish from one side and a dip!! My girl can move already!!
I was so happy yesterday and finally came to the conclusion that I am excited even though this is not the way a child should be brought into the world. I have no doubt that Mark and I will be great parents and can provide for this little baby and make a happy loving home!! I am so proud of how Mark is with this situation, he has made it less scary for me!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh hooray, of course you will make a great Mommy, dont ever doubt it for a second! Love you darling!

Nathan, Kassie and Emilie said...

I think you are so right about how you feel the first time you see that tiny "thing" on the screen. Somehow it makes it all real. You will be a wonderful Mother, just look at how much you love "her" already! Note- I was absolutely convinced I was having a boy, as was my Mom and Nathan's Mom. I didn't even believe the doctor for a few weeks, I was in such denial. In the end you really won't care what you have, even if you think you will!

Rackham Family said...

I NEVER drank all that water on ANY ultrasound and they all showed up just fine. My first OBGYN said it is pure torture and she doesn't know why doctors make them drink all that water! Next time...don't drink all that water....save yourself! (I cried too...with all three children on almost all the ultrasounds)