Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ergh - Complaint

Okay so I know that this may be a little annoying but I HAVE to vent. I am building all this negative pressure inside of myself and I am stressed out to a MAX. I am hoping that since one of my majoy stresses was over last night that it will get better but there is more.

To give a little short background - I have two bosses one female and the other a male who owns Team Sports. (I should also first add a clause that I am being 100% truthful and no exaggerations need to be added) Well my female boss for the last 6-8 months has given me everything that her boss has given to her. No one even knows her job anymore - she does nothing but plays on the internet and fixes the computers when/if something goes wrong. And on top of it - because she was not getting stuff done for the Owner who is her only boss - I got all of the purchasing, a job she has had for quite a while.

A little dent in her road of wanting to do nothing, she is all of the sudden worried about my maternity leave. For one reason of course, she will have to do work again. And she does not like that. She has an 11 year old son and if there is a 2 hour delay -she takes that delay. This year there have been 13 delays alone not including the closings. But She was pressuring me into taking only about a 4 week maternity leave. I felt cornered and like I had to agree even though in Ohio there is a law that includes companies of 4 or more employees to give an employee up to 12 weeks off. If they don't comply it is considered sexual discrimination.

The point to my rant is that she has been touchy lately since she was informed I will take at LEAST 6 weeks. So today - I tried to explain to her that the reason she was having problems booking a future order on Nike is because the web went down. She then accused me of arguing with her when I told her there should be a little box that pops up when she logs in. She threw a fit/ Mind you she is 47. I am tired of dealing with extra stress and I am quickly losing my love for my job and find no reason to stay here unhappy.

2 comments:

Ryan and Tracy said...

I use to work HR in Ohio so I know what the laws are for maternity leave. They CANNOT offer you anything less than 6 weeks. You can decide to take less, but don't!! You can take up to 12 weeks, but they usually aren't paid days. If your boss tries to pressure you into taking less, tell her you're actually considering taking more. That'll shut her up. I'd also suggest talking to your other boss about her behavior. Or go to HR if that's an option. The HR manager will be able to help you figure out a solution so you don't have to quit. You don't have to put up with her behavior and shouldn't. You need to bring it to someones attention that has the ability to help so that you can have a peaceful working environment. If nothing else, just remember that you only have to put up with her for a few more weeks until you'll get a break and, most likely, her inability to do her job will show while you're out. Who knows, you may go back to work minus a boss.

Ryan and Tracy said...

I think we need to exchange email addresses since this seems to be the only way we can get in contact with each other! :) I'm due March 12. I'm hoping to go earlier because my parents are coming in to visit during that time and my dad can't stay very long. Here's hoping. Thanks for your comments! Everything will be okay at work but even if it isn't, you have something to look forward to. You'll love being home with your little guy, but if you don't, talk to your doctor immediately! Postpartum depression is common and should be taken seriously. It's easily treatable and will ensure that your hormones get back to their normal levels. Then you really will be able to enjoy your son to the fullest. I'll keep you posted on my impending arrival. :)