Monday, May 18, 2009

Update

So I figured it is about time to give an update on my new little family and some random babbling too.

Marcus had a doctors appointment one week ago today. He left the hospital weighing 8 lbs and 6 oz but at the appointment with his Ped. he weighed 9 lbs 12 oz. I guess you can say he is eating good. Lol. I had my appointment too. I am healing well after my c-section and walking a lot./ I have lost 31 lbs of my pregnancy weight so far and i would like to lose another 15-20.

Mother's Day was also Mark's college graduation day. What a copout for him. He stole my day being a college graduate but oh well... congrats to him too. I am so proud of him. I love him so much.

Breast feeding is going alright. Its definately harder than I anticipated and has been the cause of some stress. I had mastitis in my right breast and it hurt pretty bad. I had gotten a fever of 102.4 out of nowhere and I was SUPER tender and in pain. But I am slowly working through it.

Overall motherhood is treating me well... i find myself looking at my guy and still wondering what I did to deserve such a blessing. I would like to thank everyone who commented on how adorable my little guy is.

Jared - he does look like Mark but there is still a little me in there. He has my hair color lol
Megs and Corey - I am itching with anticipation for you both to meet your nephew. You will melt.

More pictures to follow tomorrow I promise.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Less than a month until I come home! I can't believe how big he has gotten already!

Nathan, Kassie and Emilie said...

Congrats Rachel! Breastfeeding can be very tough, especially with mastitis. Hang in there, soon this will all seem so easy to you. The most important thing is to just enjoy Marcus. He will only be this little once :) I'm sure you are doing a fantastic job!

Nathan, Kassie and Emilie said...

P.S. 30 lbs is unreal. Way to go!